Jews and/or Gentiles?
I had overheard some Baptist Pastors and it was news,
Saying that Abraham’s blessings are only for the Jews,
Old Testament books are not for New Testament saints,
Well I am no bible scholar but wrong, like hell it ain’t.
Here is the problem with religion and I find it very odd,
Ministers who speak negative, preach the word of God,
Reading Galatians 3: 6-9 does not the bible clearly state,
Through Abraham God would justify, Gentiles by faith?
Verse 3: 15, “cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree, ”
Redeemed so the blessings will come upon you & me,
The seed cometh to whom, the promise had been made,
Blessings through Jesus are more than just being saved.
Christ healed the soul first because it would never die,
Before the physical body as it would perish that’s why,
Salvation bringing eternity is key do not get me wrong,
But I get so sick & tired of hearing this same old song.
All blessings the Jews had in the old is ours in the new,
Whereas, all means everything and not just one or two,
What’s promised might be given to those who believe,
Open your bible to Galatians, so as to not be deceived.
Now this is a most alarming trait I just find it strange,
Many in the pulpit read the bible then they rearrange,
Inserting personal views, not from verses of scripture,
Why are there so many churches? Look at the picture.
Therefore everybody wants to be, the head not the tail,
Except for those who prefer isolation inside the whale,
Take a look at those trying to take wind from your sail,
Is it possible you can’t, as they were unable to prevail?
Who goes to a buffet, plenty of choices, only pick one?
It’s like salvation, God didn’t say, “that’s it, I’m done, ”
Our Father’s kingdom blessings are like a smorgasbord,
Abraham’s children through faith? We do easily afford.
These promises were spoken to Abraham and his seed,
Rightfully, we have them in our greatest time of need,
No longer from keeping the law but God in His grace,
For everyone alive today and not just the Jewish race.
Luke Easter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Jews and/or Gentiles? by Luke Easter )
- That horizon and the rock of suicide, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What measure., Ryan Brodesser
- That horizon, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- HUGGED GRANDMA DORORTHY, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- HOWARD STERN, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- HOW MUCH DID YOU GIVE?, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- HOW LONG CAN WE RIDE THIS CRAZY BUS?, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Not Far Off: A New Beginning, M.J Donnchadh
- HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- HOLLYWOOD 1996, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns