The precious is treasured.
Treasures in the heights,
Treasures in the depths;
Know the worthy treasures,
Know the baits of pleasures.
Eyes on glittering stones;
Visions of gold and ghosts,
city lights, the sun that rules the midday sky;
city lights, the moon that shines in the midnight sky.
Vessels of life
With eyes on a prize,
Their sights our lights,
Their lights our guide.
Shine the lights on the gold,
Test the gold and the ghosts,
Never treasure the worthless
in the city of gold.
Feyisayo Anjorin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Johannesburg(II) by Feyisayo Anjorin )
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar