Waltz For Zizi
In my room, on the walls
my world, is not in the shape of the world,
The footsteps of a sun,
running from your palm,
through the drapes, and then outside
Clumsy stars, shy because of the sun
try to imitate the freckles
god sold to your mother cheap.
No use, they're not perfect like you.
A ship, fighting with the sea
it's captain wears a mask,
with my face painted on it.
I wonder why?
A clock with skinny arms,
counting the kisses that reach your lips
mine and... someone else's
The man between you and me,
is altering my reflection in your eyes.
Is this a dream?
The poem cannot be faked like a smile,
is this a dream?
are you replacing me already?
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Joker by Waltz For Zizi )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- I'm Screaming Inside, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Wisdom, Forgiveness & Love., Tom Zart
- Not Divisive But Divine, Saiom Shriver
- Heart-Song of Mattie Stepanek*, Tushar Ray
- Singing Rain, Saiom Shriver
- Sometimes, Aslam Marikar
- The Confession, Aslam Marikar
- Resolutions, Gordon Ayisi
- Bird Protectors, Saiom Shriver
- the spoken, oskar hansen