Jennifer Margaret Paul
I’ve been told life is a journey
Of bends and forks
Of disappointment and dreams
Of Paths not followed
Choices never made
What is my journey?
Where have I come from?
Of what do I believe?
Am I ever evolving or
Questions left unanswered
Freedom that is never free
Gods that are blind
Spirits wilted from lack of hope
Envy, jealousy, selfishness, pride
All are a part of life.
Where do I turn?
Am I blind or can I see?
Will love ever accept me?
Will this wall I’ve built ever crumble?
Will my true nature ever be free?
What Paths have been laid for me?
Has my Journey Begun?
Love is not blind
Life is not a question
Paths are made not stumbled upon
Walls are meant to come down
Feelings are meant to be felt
Faith is not a religion
Morality does not mean God
Explore your world
Every Journey has an origin
Knowing where that beginning is
Is a step towards enlightenment.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Journey by Jennifer Margaret Paul )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love's Kiss, Helen Hay Whitney
- Was There Another Spring, Helen Hay Whitney
- To Diane, Helen Hay Whitney
- An Aye Aye Dreams of being a Woodpecker, Stephen Katona
- Of One Thing, Edward Kofi Louis
- Instagram'd, Michael Mira
- Suzette, Edward Kofi Louis
- Magdalene, Chromium Blues
- White Butterfly, Edward Kofi Louis
- Victim, Teedy Dawn