Jennifer Margaret Paul
I’ve been told life is a journey
Of bends and forks
Of disappointment and dreams
Of Paths not followed
Choices never made
What is my journey?
Where have I come from?
Of what do I believe?
Am I ever evolving or
Questions left unanswered
Freedom that is never free
Gods that are blind
Spirits wilted from lack of hope
Envy, jealousy, selfishness, pride
All are a part of life.
Where do I turn?
Am I blind or can I see?
Will love ever accept me?
Will this wall I’ve built ever crumble?
Will my true nature ever be free?
What Paths have been laid for me?
Has my Journey Begun?
Love is not blind
Life is not a question
Paths are made not stumbled upon
Walls are meant to come down
Feelings are meant to be felt
Faith is not a religion
Morality does not mean God
Explore your world
Every Journey has an origin
Knowing where that beginning is
Is a step towards enlightenment.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Journey by Jennifer Margaret Paul )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(03 April 1964)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(18 November 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Happy Birthday stranger, ice johnson
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, Billy Collins
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
Poem of the Day
- It's Not About Science, Just Satellites..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Woman And Time..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Firmament, Margaret Ann Newcomb
- Petits morceaux, Lubinda Lubinda
- For Edgar Allan Poe With All Gratitude..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It Takes Tears to..., Rodney R. Cooper
- It Takes Tears, Rodney R. Cooper
- My life, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Don't leave me cozied-up homely, Mark Heathcote
- If You Were Here Today, Serena Blackinton