Journey to the Lord..
If I were a blind would you be my light?
If I were a deaf would you be my voice?
Lord you are so sweet, as a baby n her smile,
So why should I mourn and why should I sigh?
If I couldn't walk, could you take me too far?
Don't take me too far, I'm scared of the stars,
The stars are stars, coz they shine O' Sun,
If I weep inside, would you take me to Moon?
All the tears role down, while praying my lord,
Don't wipe my tears, they just speak O' my heart
Tears speak O' my delight, laughters tell O'my fright,
Don't hide my tears, don't hide my smiles...
If I could sing a song, I would sing thy lores;
Thy lores of faith and thy lores of lights...
I can sing of the Sun, I can sing of the stars;
You dazzle with the light, million Suns n million stars!
If I could soar up there, higher up in your skies;
Would they open thy doors to kingdom of the lights?
At the times I may stumble, at the times I may cry..
I'll never quit the journey, I'll give one more try! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Journey to the Lord.. by Sanjay Kamlakar )
- If Only, Kshitiz Guptaa
- Science and Religion, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- ............. Traveling To Meet Minor In.., Is It Poetry
- So Much More, Sandra Feldman
- 157. An Ex's Word Is Easily Broken, John Westlake
- Kiss Me, Adriana Avilaa
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
- If Your Reflection Could Kill, Russell Nero
- The blues, blaz zigon
Poem of the Day
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)