Just a dreamer
To me you are more than just a dreamer
and your dreams are like messages in a bottle
that finds a way to express feelings and hope.
These dreams are like wishes in a wishing-well
and to others they may seem futile, as time wasted
but to you they are like projectiles
that flies into the new tomorrow
as if you want them to bloom like early spring flowers.
To you dreams are like promises
of a better future,
an escape from the bareness
of yesterday's that are past.
Your dreams are like stars
that you are able to see
but you do know in your heart
that they are impossible to reach
unless you make them your goal.
You are my dream and my dreamer
and together our dreams are like water
that fills up the ocean
and without boundaries
with a splendour and a vastness of its own
but still we can get lost in dreams
and this is the truth about dreams and a dreamer,
as sometimes life can be lost within a dream.
Daleen Enslinstrydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Just a dreamer by Daleen Enslinstrydom )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Strictly Cosmic, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- children, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- White ant, gajanan mishra
- Time Not Wasted, Hasan Haskovic
- The 'C' Word, Eliza Booth
- Poem: Love, Stability and Peace, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Leaves Of Season, Richard Provencher
- Body of Dreams, Peter Streckfus
- Innocent tree, gajanan mishra
- Body of Moving and Light, Peter Streckfus