Fyodor Ivanovich Tyutchev
Just as the ocean cradles our earth's orb...
Just as the ocean cradles our earth's orb,
This earthly life's by dreams surrounded;
Night falls, against the shore
The waters beat in roaring waves.
This is its voice: it beckons us and calls . . .
The magic bark is stirring in its mooring;
The tide swells up and sweeps us rapidly away
Into the fathomless dark waves.
The heavenly vault, ablaze with glorious stars,
Gazes inscrutably out of the depths
And we sail on, surrounded on all sides
By the abyss in flames.
Fyodor Ivanovich Tyutchev's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Just as the ocean cradles our earth's orb... by Fyodor Ivanovich Tyutchev )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- الذبابة الزرقاء, Abdullah alHemaidy
- What, Olusegun Akanbi
- Pervola, Elia Michael
- RAMADAN رمضان, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 'SNATCHING OF THE GOAT', guy lipmore
- OUT OF DESTROYED BUILDINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Blue Fly, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Hunkered Down With Memories, Lonnie Hicks
- ODESSA. UKRAINE., human woman
- THAT FACE ذلك الوجه, MOHAMMAD SKATI