Just Cancel The Place Now
Will our Supreme Court decide about our appointed Senate folk?
Will our prime minister do something or consider it a joke?
Why can’t he just abolish the Senate now and no more fuss?
Who runs this fantastic country or have we all gone nuts?
Are those hand-picked elites actually in supreme command?
And you better shut up because you are only a hired hand,
Are you in the majority that didn’t vote and still refuse?
No wonder the appointed Senate can operate while we snooze.
And these appointees can stay till they are seventy five,
They’ll still be there and we’ll be lucky to be still alive,
These senators too should be elected in a democratic way,
And compulsory voting would protect us and let be what we may.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Just Cancel The Place Now by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman
- My Sweet Little Child, Luis Estable
- Mad But Not Constant, Luis Estable
- Climate Debate II, douglas scotney
- Thinking To Better Be, Luis Estable
- To Be A Good Man Requires..., Luis Estable
- Between the lines, Dr PJ Raj Kamal