Just Hit It Again
Music gets you there.
You won't have a clue, where.
Plug-in to the world of music.
Sing and tap as you muse it.
Jump to places you've never been;
Fulfill fantasies and dreams or,
Better see that special someone;
In all the wonderfulnes of life.
Out of time, out of life.
Amazing what music does to us,
To me as I listen to a fav in a bus,
I find myself smiling at the thought
Of a special world I just bought.
Forgetting everything I know,
Losing everything I have,
It takes me to a place where
Love seems an easy thought away.
No hiccups as I dream all the way.
Villas, cars, money as I dream on.
Everything's there as I summon.
But as I unplug my earphones,
That world becomes a distant thought gone.
That time remains only a memory lapse,
More tempting than life, bitter than a relapse.
And as I surrender to it in bargain.
I tell myself pretty darned, 'just hit it again! '.
Thoithoi Tongbram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Just Hit It Again by Thoithoi Tongbram )
- ten pm is..., Mandolyn ...
- How joyfully surprised you made me (cava.., Gert Strydom
- Obstacles, gajanan mishra
- When Autumn Comes Again, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People conceive me (inside - outside poe.., Gert Strydom
- Let it go - time, gajanan mishra
- Last Act of Penance, Andy Caldwell
- Look At This City, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- (1) I Accept for Now, She Doesn't Love Me, Uriah Hamilton
- Versatility is a unique quality!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)