justice be my hero
She rose out the water finally.
Justice got tired of the underwater crulity,
drowning and gasping for air all those years,
she couldn't survive one more day underwater
justice needs to finally come back to land.
This land is not free because justice was gone
justice left and then everything then had a price tag,
even my people had price tag on them.
But no longer shall this go on!
Justice will return for us and save us
justice is the hero of this nation
without her we become nothing but slaves
we become money for others as we starve to death!
I dream of the day when I'm allowed here
where justice will be the ruler of us
when I will be looked only as a human being
and not have to deal with judgement
or be a slave to people.
Justice be my hero and save me
save not only me but others
others that been accused of wrong doing
when actually they have done nothing wrong.
so please justice return and save us all.
celia hinojosa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (justice be my hero by celia hinojosa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- On My Father's Yortsayt, Abraham Sutzkever
- The Bottom Line, Abraham Sutzkever
- Inside Me, Abraham Sutzkever
- नोँनि हाइनायाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Paris 1988, Abraham Sutzkever
- Remembrances Of Others, Abraham Sutzkever
- Everything But God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Our Mentor (Acrostic Poem), Marvin Brato Sr