It wouldn't rise to become the sun
Afraid of shinning it's true beauty
Hiding in the horizon about to cause night
Bringing fear and causing evil to come out
So this once beautiful sunset that was the world to me turned ugly
Look at it! What do you see that is so beautiful about this ugly sunset
Is it how it causes fright to parents
Or how slowly it goes down with everyone's happiness like sucking the life out of you like a black hole
You ugly sunset with your beautiful shades of color and your reflection on the ocean, why are you hiding from beauty? we were once the world me and you but now look at you, your a mess.
Now all you are is one ugly sunset sucking up all the beauty this world has.
So keep hiding in the horizon ugly sunset!
But in the end you'll regret not showing you true beauty.
celia hinojosa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ugly Sunset by celia hinojosa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My hero(Bob Dylan), Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Azal se aashna..., Azhar Sabri
- Going For Gold, Angela Wybrow
- A Tragic Fairy Tale, Pankti Vadalia
- Sealed Lips, Tony Adah
- Autumn, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Reasons Not To Visit Dachau, Leslie Philibert
- St. Valentine's Day, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pleasure's Signs, Edgar Albert Guest
- Bud Discusses Cleanliness, Edgar Albert Guest