Justice Delayed Is Justice Denied
Justice seekers wait day after day,
Month after month, year after year
Even decade is passed but
In course of justice they don’t hear.
Sometimes they pass away
without getting the justice.
Such delays lack faith
In system amongst the public.
Maggu's land was captured
In an act of atrocity
And his cow was stolen
From his own vicinity.
With good efforts of police
The stolen cow was traced
But died beforel order of justice
To return it, was graced.
Maggu filed an other suit
Demanding for compensation;
His land dispute was already
Pending under litigation.
Finally justice prevailed
He got verdict in his favour
Compensation and his land
Years he waited with fervor.
But by the time justice given
Old Maggu was died
This is how legal maxim
Justice delayed is justice denied.
(c) S.D. Tiwari
S.D. TIWARI's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Justice Delayed Is Justice Denied by S.D. TIWARI )
- poisons by s.r, skye robertson
- Stimulating Outcome, Mac McGovern
- Ultimately, Bill Grace
- Rapture, Deborah Kelley
- Though I mayst fall, Sir Toby
- FUTURE GROWING DISMAL, Donald R Charon
- S. Truett Cathy - In Memory, Bill Grace
- A pair of eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- Dying In The Truth, Dexsta Ray
- The Purple Ant, Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)