JUSTICE DLAYED, JUSTICED DENIED 2
JUSTICE DELAYED, JUSTICE DENIED
Everyone has the inherent right
To avail justice with all its might
With due process of law’s delight
for real justice to shade its light.
But sad to say when politics play
or richness and power interplay
With our judicial system’s foreplay
Justice delayed in so many way.
Justice delayed, justice denied
Unjust lawyers motto and pride
to show their wit as they ride
in the hall of justice with all stride.
But never for lawyers who abide
as their conscience can't hide,
the truth that merits true spirit
of fair play not to conceal deceit
Let's not circumvent truth with lies
with treachery as masterful device
To set the real culprit out and free
To show we’re indeed somebody.
Sometimes our wit can discredit
Others with foul play’s dark spirit
to prove, our guts and merit
As a lawyer fighting to the limit.
Let the truth always set us free
Let it prevail even its hurts many
For the law may be truly harsh
But it’s the law over anyone's ash.
This is the real face of life’s reality
that it must take its sting to carry
that Justice be served with dignity
with due process of law and equity.
Let’s never circumvent law and order
To prove we have the guts and power
Thought it may be the game of lawyers
For their clients sake as their defender.
Let the law protect one's purity,
Exposed the truth of criminality
And defend one’s right and liberty
With all truth, justice and dignity.
Even if that man did all the merit
of the crime he can never discredit
yet a lawyer is bound to defend
within the bounds of law at the end.
In many cases, if the victim is poor
Justice walks like duckling in the floor
But if victims belong to the wealthy
Justice takes a huge leap across reality.
But observe fair play in every ordeal
Invoking every legal justice to reveal
One’s guilt beyond reasonable doubt
Without malice and ANY CLOUD OF DOUBT
MELVIN BANGGOLLAY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (JUSTICE DLAYED, JUSTICED DENIED 2 by MELVIN BANGGOLLAY )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(18 September 1906 - 18 September 1995)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Believe In Yourself, Ronell Warren Alman
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- "க்ரிஸ்து" என்ற ஒரு ஜோதி!, Subbaraman N V
- PIOUS WELCOME TO TWENTY FIFTEEN*, Subbaraman N V
- Pschology 101 (I), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Dancer's Life, Donald Justice
- What Christmas for Them..........?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- I Know You Are There, Orlando Belo
- Dior-Ets, The Body Mass of Death..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Glimpsing Silverstein's Truth, Merton Lee
- A Christmas Wish of A Lifetime..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Unseen, Self-Empathizing Mirrors, Merton Lee