Keep Christmas in Your Heart
Christmas is the time of year for kindness, forgiveness and love.
A time to kneel down, give thanks to Jesus above.
A time to be charitable, happy and open our closed up hearts;
A time to reflect on others make a brand new start.
Christmas is a time to look inside yourself and find out who you are,
And open up your heart and send love to family afar.
IF Christmas is not in your heart you’ll never find it under a tree.
The best present is the presence of Family and friends,
Which include you and me.
So if hearts are touched just once a year, it’s still not too late ~~
Maybe on some magical Christmas morning,
The touch will finally take.
Sandra Finch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Keep Christmas in Your Heart by Sandra Finch )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Christmas Bells, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- 2 Days After, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Did As I Was Commanded, Edward Kofi Louis
- Disease, decease!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Backdoor Sex, Luis Estable
- Try To Call Me, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fishing Hole, Ima Ryma
- Whole, hole!, Edward Kofi Louis
- No Way For Her, Luis Estable
- Slowly Does It, Luis Estable
- The Dance, Ronald Stuart Thomas