Nicanor P. Tiosen
Keep Your Faith Aglow!
Waking up early one morning
I gazed toward the eastern sky;
Framed against a golden canvass
are silhouettes of birds in flight.
They're out to forage, I muttered -
in fields they have not sown;
Frolicking as they flutter, while
pecking seeds they haven't grown.
Beneath the gilded canopy,
spreads of carpet, velvety green -
where white-clad lilies grow and glow
and dewdrops cast a silvery sheen.
Ah! But man ought first to seek
God's kingdom and His righteousness;
Then toiling to the heart's content,
the Lord shall provide the rest.
If God so feeds the fowls on high
and clothes the lilies, too;
Then would He care for you indeed,
if you shall keep your faith aglow!
Nicanor P. Tiosen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Keep Your Faith Aglow! by Nicanor P. Tiosen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On your toe, shubham sutar