Nicanor P. Tiosen
Keep Your Faith Aglow!
Waking up early one morning
I gazed toward the eastern sky;
Framed against a golden canvass
are silhouettes of birds in flight.
They're out to forage, I muttered -
in fields they have not sown;
Frolicking as they flutter, while
pecking seeds they haven't grown.
Beneath the gilded canopy,
spreads of carpet, velvety green -
where white-clad lilies grow and glow
and dewdrops cast a silvery sheen.
Ah! But man ought first to seek
God's kingdom and His righteousness;
Then toiling to the heart's content,
the Lord shall provide the rest.
If God so feeds the fowls on high
and clothes the lilies, too;
Then would He care for you indeed,
if you shall keep your faith aglow!
Nicanor P. Tiosen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Keep Your Faith Aglow! by Nicanor P. Tiosen )
- Midnight Blue, Heather Burns
- Rodeo Rogues, Saiom Shriver
- Seek And Ye Shall Find, Saiom Shriver
- Starlove, Saiom Shriver
- Sonnet No: 62 I WERE A CUCKOO, I'D SWE.., Dipankar Sadhukhan
- dreams and reality, Rahman Henry
- To Alex. Cunningham, Esq., Writer, Edinb.., Robert Burns
- So many faces, gajanan mishra
- On the Seas and far away, Robert Burns
- Steel Funeral, Dazairie Ronay
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Udiah (witness to Yah)