Lawrence S. Pertillar
Keeping It Kept Unofficial
Keeping it kept unofficial,
To protect a confidence...
Makes no sense when there is pain,
Remaining inside and contained...
By one in need but feels a shame,
Eventually creates heartbreak...
Felt by those knowing too late,
Showing another appreciation...
Is all that it takes to make one who gives,
Come to realize a love...
Few expect one neglected wishes,
To receive sincerely to fulfill a need.
But kept from others to pretend and deceive.
Because officially people await for announcements...
For a need for love to be believed.
Topic of this poem: life
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Keeping It Kept Unofficial by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Man He Killed, Thomas Hardy
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Short and Sweet, Brittany Veloso
- PH: Echo: True Love, Brian Johnston
- Snow Blind..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nostalgia, Rimni chakravarty
- The Spirit-World, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Blinded by stress, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Of Fauns Of Satyrs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The next activity, Emmanuel George Cefai