Lawrence S. Pertillar
To be left kept precious,
Are those unexpected moments.
Those moments that arrive,
To awaken a freshness that begins.
A freshness that begins when two decide,
They have become the best of friends.
The best of friends the second they meet,
To have a wish fulfilled and a search that ends.
Leaving left kept precious a togetherness.
And moments like this no one can or will forget,
With a keeping them fresh and precious...
Whenever moments like this,
Become remembered over time and often reminisced.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kept Precious by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(2 September 1850 - 4 November 1895)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 March 1922 - 21 October 1969)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Believe In Yourself, Ronell Warren Alman
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The World Is a Beautiful Place, Lawrence Ferlinghetti
- The Realm of Dreams, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
Poem of the Day
- "க்ரிஸ்து" என்ற ஒரு ஜோதி!, Subbaraman N V
- PIOUS WELCOME TO TWENTY FIFTEEN*, Subbaraman N V
- Pschology 101 (I), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Dancer's Life, Donald Justice
- What Christmas for Them..........?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- I Know You Are There, Orlando Belo
- Dior-Ets, The Body Mass of Death..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Glimpsing Silverstein's Truth, Merton Lee
- A Christmas Wish of A Lifetime..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Unseen, Self-Empathizing Mirrors, Merton Lee