White billows and huge waves block the river crossing;
Wherever I go, danger and difficulty; whatever I do, failure.
Just as in my worldly career I wander and lose the road,
So when I come to the river crossing, I am stopped by contrary winds
Of fishes and prawns sodden in the rain, the smell fills my nostrils;
With the stings of insects that come with the fog, my whole body is sore.
I am growing old, time flies, and my short span runs out,
While I sit in a boat at Chiu-k’ou, wasting ten days!
Po Chu-I's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kept Waiting by Po Chu-I )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dreaming Reality, maria sudibyo
- The Man of No Importance, maria sudibyo
- Decisive turn, hasmukh amathalal
- Wisdom's View, LUVinThe NOW
- Your face is my mirror, gajanan mishra
- Peace movement, hasmukh amathalal
- Other name of flower, gajanan mishra
- I Can't Wake Up, Neela Nath
- Fine finish, hasmukh amathalal
- Indian apex, Muhammad Khalid