ole kuyioni josphat
Kingdom Of Happiness
As the night folds its tent like an Arab,
the smiling rays of the sun,
steal the darkness away.
to reveal the clear unblemished skies
and the birds sing in unison,
punctuated by the humming of bees.
a language of beauty you don't know.
In the gentle breeze of the morning,
painted men that bring pleasures in my eye
attend to their herds.
their spear blades reflecting in the morning sun
a symbol of freedom and eternity
it happens everyday..
in the kingdom of happiness.
Look far in the horizon,
long untamed grass waves to the wind
forests are full of life,
cure for every disease.
Butterflies the only flowers dot the vast meadow
embroidered in the carpet of green.
an offering of serenity.
In the Land of Laughter,
No barren land,
streams everywhere giggle,
No space for desert sand,
but many a field wonderful crops which yield.
It is happiness everyday in the Kingdom of happiness.
At the fields,
the sparrows chip a desperate cry
darting questions at the cows
Crying air is lost in rhythm
an invitation to the skies
to release forth its blessings
diamondal droplets hit the grounds
soaking the bones of the earth.
summer berries will blossom
in the peace of the forests.
As the sun gets tired,
and disappears to the hills
the moonlight illuminates the paths
as the warriors flank their herds.
and beats of invisible drums
dances to the songs of nature.
Oh Peaceful Kingdom of Happiness.
My spirit wonders to you,
in dreams day and night.
ole kuyioni josphat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kingdom Of Happiness by ole kuyioni josphat )
- Dear Daughter, Dean Meredith
- That ugly frustration, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dorian Gray, Nassy Fesharaki
- Reality Is, Esther Thornburg
- Our days are clearly well-known, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life, samuel sannoh
- Blind, Blind, Naveed Khalid
- A ripple's life, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- What is this world of ours ماهذا العالم .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sinners الاثمون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)