ole kuyioni josphat
Kingdom Of Happiness
As the night folds its tent like an Arab,
the smiling rays of the sun,
steal the darkness away.
to reveal the clear unblemished skies
and the birds sing in unison,
punctuated by the humming of bees.
a language of beauty you don't know.
In the gentle breeze of the morning,
painted men that bring pleasures in my eye
attend to their herds.
their spear blades reflecting in the morning sun
a symbol of freedom and eternity
it happens everyday..
in the kingdom of happiness.
Look far in the horizon,
long untamed grass waves to the wind
forests are full of life,
cure for every disease.
Butterflies the only flowers dot the vast meadow
embroidered in the carpet of green.
an offering of serenity.
In the Land of Laughter,
No barren land,
streams everywhere giggle,
No space for desert sand,
but many a field wonderful crops which yield.
It is happiness everyday in the Kingdom of happiness.
At the fields,
the sparrows chip a desperate cry
darting questions at the cows
Crying air is lost in rhythm
an invitation to the skies
to release forth its blessings
diamondal droplets hit the grounds
soaking the bones of the earth.
summer berries will blossom
in the peace of the forests.
As the sun gets tired,
and disappears to the hills
the moonlight illuminates the paths
as the warriors flank their herds.
and beats of invisible drums
dances to the songs of nature.
Oh Peaceful Kingdom of Happiness.
My spirit wonders to you,
in dreams day and night.
ole kuyioni josphat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kingdom Of Happiness by ole kuyioni josphat )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- A Crying Shame, Anthony Daniels
- Crystal Consciousness, Margaret Alice Second
- Invest the present, gajanan mishra
- Free Gaff! !, Damian Murphy
- Blizzards are not snows, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- w0rk ya mAjiK - (Selah (take a moment to.., sEaN nOrTh
- At the End of the Rainbow, Reagan A. Latumbo
- yeah you got all the answers i know - an.., sEaN nOrTh
- Life-death bicycle, gajanan mishra
- Broken Not Forgotten, Melissa Furey