Chuckling, Kanha came crawling,
Trying to catch His reflection
In the bejewelled courtyard of Nanda.
One moment He would stare at His shadow
Then move His hands to hold it
Chuckling in delight, two teeth showing
Again and again He would try.
Calling Nanda to come and see
Yasoda watched in joy
Then covering Sur's Lord with her aanchal
She began to feed her boy.
Sant Surdas's Other Poems
Read poems about / on: joy
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Krishna Crawling by Sant Surdas )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Doing Inventory, Kyle Schlicher
- Concertina Wire, Kyle Schlicher
- Letër tim biri., skender iljaz braka
- Soggy, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Garbage Poems, Kyle Schlicher
- DANDELION, Lilly Emery
- Travelling Day, Nijith Cherian
- I Love You, K.J. Jackson
- Who What Went Where Why How, Proud SugarBoe
- My Salvation, Ruma Chaudhuri