L'appel du Vide
The call of the void
The void of the call
Isn't anyone listening at all?
I think I'm trying
One step more
I counted to three and now I'm at four!
How much I wish
To be home again
But I have no where, no what, and no when.
So here I go
Just doing my thing
It will quickly be over and then I'll be king!
No? Still no one?
Not even a glance so much as a hand.
And so I walk home
Or said equivalent
And no one cares to even take hint.
What's that you say?
I've given up with giving a who.
And so that's me
Always been ready to jump at a dive.
But so long for now
So long for then
Guess I'll have to just try again.
Lee Gelis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (L'appel du Vide by Lee Gelis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Love In A Bottle, Midnights Voice
- Oh Mediterranean sea, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Ramblings of Devils Workshop, Nalini Chaturvedi
- BEFORE YOU CAST THE STONE, kevinsky nyaga
- Remembering you Bother, NEDRA WILSON
- Noemia de Sousa (The Poem of Joao), African Poems
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi