L'appel du Vide
The call of the void
The void of the call
Isn't anyone listening at all?
I think I'm trying
One step more
I counted to three and now I'm at four!
How much I wish
To be home again
But I have no where, no what, and no when.
So here I go
Just doing my thing
It will quickly be over and then I'll be king!
No? Still no one?
Not even a glance so much as a hand.
And so I walk home
Or said equivalent
And no one cares to even take hint.
What's that you say?
I've given up with giving a who.
And so that's me
Always been ready to jump at a dive.
But so long for now
So long for then
Guess I'll have to just try again.
Lee Gelis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (L'appel du Vide by Lee Gelis )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
kitz d budding poet
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Your Heart To Mine, Michael P. McParland
- Motivation, Kim Lee
- A life without pain, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- BLUE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Mental Torment, Kim Lee
- Волшебная прогулка по лесу., Alexander Smetanin
- To Be A Man Is Most Important, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Croc a Smile, Ima Ryma
- Judgement Call, bryan wallace
- Uncle Styopa part 3 by N. Mickhalkov, Yuri Starostin