Lack of Knowledge
God spoke to His people Israel, His purpose for them in His Will,
Saying they would be destroyed, by Judgment He couldn’t avoid,
This from their lack of knowledge, not elementary or even college,
But the knowledge of their Lord, and that His Will wasn’t implored.
Going on as they so desired, dismissing all that God had inspired,
Through each Priest and Prophet, simply living life as they saw fit.
Departing from The Lord’s Plan, following not God, to follow man.
They believed they knew the Lord, but by them, Truth was ignored.
Seeking not The Lord’s face, God’s chosen nation fell from Grace,
Dispersed from the Promised Land, by God’s Holy Uplifted Hand.
God then moved with Salvation, into each and every gentile nation,
Extending Hope of Everlasting Life, through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Now grafted in with the nation Israel, is every true believing Gentile,
To receive the same promises, which to Israel, the Lord God gives.
This if they avoid that place, where they would ignore God’s Grace,
If they also become deceived, to follow what men have conceived.
The Lord has only one Salvation, found in His Inspired Revelation,
For all men on the earth to come, unto the Father through His Son,
To receive a place up in Paradise, through the Savior Jesus Christ,
For every Jew and Gentile man, who embraces God’s Eternal Plan.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lack of Knowledge by Bob Gotti )
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- remplaçable, Lubinda Lubinda
- Human Nature, Merton Lee
- Those Moments Of Weakness لحظات الضعف هذه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Money (Cedi), Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Off the Rez, Smoky Hoss
- As an emigrant كمهاجر, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Two Little Boats, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- The Golden Swan, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- As a passer-bye, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is Blue, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation