Lack of Knowledge
God spoke to His people Israel, His purpose for them in His Will,
Saying they would be destroyed, by Judgment He couldn’t avoid,
This from their lack of knowledge, not elementary or even college,
But the knowledge of their Lord, and that His Will wasn’t implored.
Going on as they so desired, dismissing all that God had inspired,
Through each Priest and Prophet, simply living life as they saw fit.
Departing from The Lord’s Plan, following not God, to follow man.
They believed they knew the Lord, but by them, Truth was ignored.
Seeking not The Lord’s face, God’s chosen nation fell from Grace,
Dispersed from the Promised Land, by God’s Holy Uplifted Hand.
God then moved with Salvation, into each and every gentile nation,
Extending Hope of Everlasting Life, through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Now grafted in with the nation Israel, is every true believing Gentile,
To receive the same promises, which to Israel, the Lord God gives.
This if they avoid that place, where they would ignore God’s Grace,
If they also become deceived, to follow what men have conceived.
The Lord has only one Salvation, found in His Inspired Revelation,
For all men on the earth to come, unto the Father through His Son,
To receive a place up in Paradise, through the Savior Jesus Christ,
For every Jew and Gentile man, who embraces God’s Eternal Plan.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lack of Knowledge by Bob Gotti )
- The Counterfeit inspector, John F. McCullagh
- Robert, Ray Hansell
- The Teaser, Bernard Snyder
- Pale Primrose, Lilly Emery
- Birth Of Another Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Someone Nice, Ray Hansell
- Solitude, Ray Hansell
- Had you loved, Superman, All hearts call.., Oziyon LeDawn
- Dark Sea Of Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Poetry Is Where You Find It V, Frank Avon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns