Marina Ivanovna Tsvetaeva
Lady With Camelias
Your whole way with shining evil's coal
Margaret, they all do bravely judge.
What's your fault? The body sinned as such,
Innocent you have retained your soul.
To all people it's the same, I know,
To all nodded with a blurry smile.
And with this sorrowful semi-smile
You have wept yourself long time ago.
Who will know? Whose hand will help along?
No exception to the rule, one thing entrances!
They eternally await embraces,
They eternally await, 'I'm thirsty! Be my own!'
Day and night the bane of false confessions..
Day and night, tomorrow, and once more!
Spoke more eloquently than the word
Your dark glance, the martyr's dark expression.
The accursed ring is growing narrow,
On the goddess of the world avenges fate..
Smiling childishly, into your face
A young tender boy glances with sorrow.
The entire world is saved by love!
In but her salvation and defense is.
All's in love. O Margaret, sleep in peace.
All's in love. I'm saved because I love.
Marina Ivanovna Tsvetaeva's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lady With Camelias by Marina Ivanovna Tsvetaeva )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Dreams Of Youth, Edgar Albert Guest
- On Station Farewells, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Bank Roll, Edgar Albert Guest
- Comradeship, Edgar Albert Guest
- Ode to Breeze, Sourabh Mishra
- The Choir At Pixley, Edgar Albert Guest
- Good Friday, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Neighbors, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Tempters, Edgar Albert Guest
- Wie er om vroeg?, Madrason writer