Azure was the sky, water was blue,
Haze was blue as the sun glowed.
Bluish everywhere like the peacock feather,
As if Lord Shiva bathes in your bosom.
As the boat tore your bosom,
Birds flew over anon.
Saw you looking gorgeous and graceful,
Full of ripples, lovely and beautiful.
Yonder seen mountains here and there.
Again they were blue and bare.
Wanna row on you for hours, lithe and romantic you are.
Splash and slosh on you, forget myself inside your copse bare.
Wait lovely, coming next so soon,
To have a stroll in the island of Honeymoon.
Waiting for boat at lake Chilika.
Sudam Panigrahi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lake Chilika by Sudam Panigrahi )
- An Invitation, Doyen Lingua
- Bougainvillea, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- October Skies, Lilly Emery
- What if, Chris Zachariou
- Within My Mind Holds Dreams, Lilly Emery
- citizen, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Treat, Please, Bruce Larkin
- I Love Halloween!, Bruce Larkin
- Wal-Mart are You Joking?, Joe Rosochacki
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)