Azure was the sky, water was blue,
Haze was blue as the sun glowed.
Bluish everywhere like the peacock feather,
As if Lord Shiva bathes in your bosom.
As the boat tore your bosom,
Birds flew over anon.
Saw you looking gorgeous and graceful,
Full of ripples, lovely and beautiful.
Yonder seen mountains here and there.
Again they were blue and bare.
Wanna row on you for hours, lithe and romantic you are.
Splash and slosh on you, forget myself inside your copse bare.
Wait lovely, coming next so soon,
To have a stroll in the island of Honeymoon.
Waiting for boat at lake Chilika.
Sudam Panigrahi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lake Chilika by Sudam Panigrahi )
- You, Yohan Confectioner
- this happiness, noel maddock
- Loves Philosophy, Yohan Confectioner
- We, Yohan Confectioner
- Trust None, Even Me!, Sir Toby
- More Deliberately Taken, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Ah, money!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- We shall overcome someday, Vidura Prabhath
- Jadavpur University Campus And The Lefti.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Excellence, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)