Towards the ultimate goal
With sparkling silver
Towards the sea:
The ultimate destination.
Mountain becomes jealous
Stands in front
Like a giant obstacle.
The river smiles
Takes a detour,
Surrounds the mountain
Forming a lake around.
And goes ahead.
The mountain feel s ashamed
As the river salutes
‘But for you
A blue lake forms
For the mankind
to feel soothed.’
Sorry river, says the mountain
Here I cast my ego
Express my gratitude
To your magnanimity.’
‘No, no, you’re great,
As obstacle you stand
With an orb of hope
Where I finds a way ahead.
My aim is sea.
The lake is for you
It’s nothing, ’
Says the river
And serpentines ahead.
Sudam Panigrahi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Towards the ultimate goal by Sudam Panigrahi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- A Touching Rendition, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dahshatgard, Bano Ali
- Safe Haven, Denis Martindale
- My Dear Father, Monesh Kumar
- But quarrelsome, gajanan mishra
- Period so brief, hasmukh amathalal
- Rapping Christmas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On Christmas Evening, John Lars Zwerenz
- MAX, Dog goD 8Hate
- Defective, gajanan mishra