Lawyer to the Whip
On every accursed criminal pirate ship,
one is chosen called, Lawyer to the Whip,
the crew elected Justice to this cruel job
to melt discipline as they beg and sob.
Chosen was he, not apparently clear
perhaps he generates just modest fear
he is completely blind in both his eyes
and when the tip snaps it strikes mainly sky.
One day his stroke broke upon more than air
he caught a thieving pirate on the rear.
Forall shows the scar Justice left behind,
Forall moons blind Justice, guiltless in crime.
Justice built thick shoulders and arms in youth
and he carries around his whip named, Truth.
The parrot keeps count as the flogging slows
then argues disclosures nobody knows.
The Captain stays perched on his brig, high,
once Justice struck wide and popped out his eye.
Crime became rampant on the Captain's good ship.
He called in Justice and un-lawyered his whip.
He then fitted Justice with both his good eyes.
He rallied the crew for a evening surprise,
they doled out the rum as the Captain stood tall,
and toasted the crew, Truth and Justice for all!
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lawyer to the Whip by Captain Cur )
Did you read them?
- Peanut Butter, Daniel Karbon
- Who gives a shit.............by Talile Ali, Talile Ali
- Wild flowers are flowers, but their frag.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beautiful Memories, Prabal Dev
- Who give's a shit, Talile Ali
- FORGIVENESS, WORSHIP, TRUST & LOVE, Tom Zart
- Shattered and alone, Nicole GravellPellerino
- But the Leaves Of Grass, Neela Nath
- It is impossible, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What The Culture Drug In - Da Dammerrung.., Warren Falcon