Learning To Forgive
People in this world
Have had trouble
With one act of kindness
The act of forgiving those who have caused pain.
They get the feeling
That even if they forgive them
That those whom they forgive
Will in return betray them again.
I have felt that way before
I have gone through it many times
And there have been times
That I have not seen both sides of the story.
I have not tried to see
The reason behind the betrayal
I have not stopped to listen
To the person who has betrayed me.
I know now
That I have a problem with
The one thing that matters in any relationship
The problem with learning to forgive.
Dark Guardian's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Learning To Forgive by Dark Guardian )
- Hiku. A City (5-7-5), Valsa George
- Please make yourself, gajanan mishra
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.22, Monk E. Biz
- A Recipe for Joyful Living, Valsa George
- BESTIE, Eleonor Santiago
- My Past, Tribhawan Kaul
- RETURN TO LOVE, Meggie Gultiano
- Good life, John Mamhungaire
- Escalator of Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Stinch Binge, Joe Elmenhorst