Learning To Forgive
People in this world
Have had trouble
With one act of kindness
The act of forgiving those who have caused pain.
They get the feeling
That even if they forgive them
That those whom they forgive
Will in return betray them again.
I have felt that way before
I have gone through it many times
And there have been times
That I have not seen both sides of the story.
I have not tried to see
The reason behind the betrayal
I have not stopped to listen
To the person who has betrayed me.
I know now
That I have a problem with
The one thing that matters in any relationship
The problem with learning to forgive.
Dark Guardian's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Learning To Forgive by Dark Guardian )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Day Your Mother Kept For You, mary douglas
- Leaving For Okinawa In The Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Into Your Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- What You Thought I Thought You Thought, Dexsta Ray
- Cactus Flower, Midnights Voice
- Sacrifice, Nassy Fesharaki
- Keep your mind wide open, Petai Jirakongpipat
- THE MYTHS OF LIES, Satish Verma
- The Garage Sale Blues, Francie Lynch
- No Paper This Morning, Donal Mahoney