Leda and the Swan
Leda wanted something beautiful in her house,
so she went to City Park to the lake
and wrestled a swan,
lugging it home to her living room.
But all the squawking and flapping
began to get on her nerves,
so she transported it to the bathtub.
The bird bit her, and
that night she couldn't take a bath.
The next morning she
evicted the swan.
Still desiring something beautiful in her house,
she scoured the local yard sales and purchased
a striking portrait of Elvis on black velvet.
Leda sighed contentedly
as she cracked open a book
she had also gotten for a steal
at the sale; by somebody named Yeats.
Sonny Rainshine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Leda and the Swan by Sonny Rainshine )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(21 July 1899 - 2 July 1961)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- My Classroom, shivani pillai
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Remember, Christina Georgina Rossetti
Poem of the Day
- Antique., RAJ VIKRAM
- Belated', george albot
- Moment, Stratis Havarti
- NDFB, Pankazz koirala Upadhayaya
- Youth is remembered, hasmukh amathalal
- Fidelity, RAJ VIKRAM
- आलम दुसरा था.aalam dusraa thaa, hasmukh amathalal
- Fabrication of Success, Breanni McDuffey
- No base, hasmukh amathalal
- Fighting fire with fire, Leong Ming Loong