Lawrence S. Pertillar
Left Open To Describe My Experiences
My feelings are real.
Not a hobby to express.
Connected to them I am.
Nothing I openly address to confess,
Is presented from a place kept superficial.
Oh how I wish,
There were times I depended upon pretentiousness.
I am left open to describe my experiences.
And as a poet I admit this can be a disadvantage.
Sometimes, as a poet, it is clearly exposed,
I don't re-read what I have written...
To at least edit myself 'before' and not 'after',
I have consented my emothons to flow so freely.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Left Open To Describe My Experiences by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)