Lawrence S. Pertillar
Left Open To Describe My Experiences
My feelings are real.
Not a hobby to express.
Connected to them I am.
Nothing I openly address to confess,
Is presented from a place kept superficial.
Oh how I wish,
There were times I depended upon pretentiousness.
I am left open to describe my experiences.
And as a poet I admit this can be a disadvantage.
Sometimes, as a poet, it is clearly exposed,
I don't re-read what I have written...
To at least edit myself 'before' and not 'after',
I have consented my emothons to flow so freely.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Left Open To Describe My Experiences by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- the desert knows whats up, Mandolyn Wind
- When the Moon Descends, F. J. Thomas
- body part man, lee fones
- MY HEART IS CLEAN, BUT HIS HEART IS DARK, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- How to Please a Tomato, Monk E. Biz
- tell sadness to catch the next bus, Mandolyn Wind
- GOD'S CALLING, Tom Zart
- For Scooner, about the closeness, Annie Cordelia Adams
- SEXUAL RUSH, Peter LeBuhn
- Reality, dhia abada