Legacy of Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela, freedom's good,
Became the heart, the mind, the soul
Of freedom for all humanhood,
No obstacle to stop that goal,
Fighting for freedom, decades passed.
Impassioned, imprisoned and then
Empowered to give free at last.
Reminder to the world again
That just one spirit can ignite
The fire for freedom that will burn
Away the wrong in flames of right.
For such freedom, we all do yearn.
Nelson Mandela died today,
But lives forever freedom's way.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Legacy of Nelson Mandela by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To whom I am going, gajanan mishra
- In The Process Of Existence, Naveed Akram
- Thy presence, binod bastola
- My Maiden's Love Is Like A Cloud In June, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- दिल को हरदम dil ko hardam, hasmukh amathalal
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella
- Domestic goddess, Mark Heathcote
- Blank Depression, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The tears of human race, Great Emeritus