My mouth waters taste buds tickle
When I see a jar of lemon pickle!
On the sunny roof the lemon pickle
It starts a child’s saliva’s trickle!
It still gives his conscience a prick
He played on the old man a trick!
For the old one was sunned on the roof
Jar of lemon pickle what a goof!
The glass jar stayed there all day
But the child just couldn’t stay away!
At midday when they all were asleep
Little feet climbed the stairs steep!
Made sure not an eye was watching
What joy did the sight of pickle bring!
The child such small was his need
He only had to open the jar’s lid!
Pick up one for nothing he could miss
One juicy sweet sour lemon piece!
In his mischief he did go that far
Each sucked piece he put back in the jar!
So that they would never find a trace
Not one piece of lemon would be less!
The poor old man he never knew
The child’s blended saliva in the brew!
The child sucked pickle had his fill
What the old man relished with his meal!
I know this story isn’t worth a nickel
Still I find irresistible the lemon pickle!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lemon Pickle by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
Did you read them?
- Yes and no two words, gajanan mishra
- sister forever, yolandey breedt
- Diya (Reposted), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Life is better shared, belinda mrwebi
- What Is It?, Leloudia Migdali
- Wald, Paola Degli Esposti
- Sex Ed, Betsy Sholl
- Creamer Quest, Antonio Liao
- O For a Thousand Tongues, Betsy Sholl
- What I Can Say: To My Sisters, Betsy Sholl
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)