Lawrence S. Pertillar
Let's Go For Our Walk
A festive time they had.
Wining and dining,
And sipping on the best champagne.
The only complaints heard,
Were the hors d'oeuvres were late
In being served.
And the servants' shoes were not shined.
Times change overnight!
These same folks are finding themselves uptight.
Every dime that they had and their homes are gone.
Investments made and lives lived on good credit...
Came thundering to an end,
With the event for them was a freakish storm!
'Horace? Where's our money, dear? '
Horace snapped his mind...
When their 401k took a deep decline!
And the banks stopped all loans and credit...
As excuses for bankruptcy,
Bank executives could not find!
And the greatest of their pretensions,
Became as worthless as they saw those homeless!
Now the churches seem packed with redeemers...
But God does not control the mint!
And the demons who prayed to keep their lifestyles worshipped,
Suffer pain and hardships from their own decadence.
Why do you always keep your shoes shined? '
It's a reminder to keep myself respected.
And my steps grateful to be taken in simplicity.
'I don't understand.'
You will one day.
Let's go for our walk.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Let's Go For Our Walk by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Life 12, mohammad zaher
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.29, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.28, Monk E. Biz
- A profession, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.27, Monk E. Biz
- 'Not mine', Elena Sandu
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.26, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.25, Monk E. Biz
- Lips, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.24, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)