Liberty In Christ
In God Believers have liberty, going beyond what the eye can see,
We get this liberty in Jesus Christ, liberty gained through New Life.
Freedom from sin and The Law, bestowed upon the believing soul,
This freedom we have in God’s Son, is available today to everyone.
The liberty that we have from sin, gives Believers His peace within,
As sin’s desire died on the cross, God now purges remaining dross,
And God replaces old sinfulness, with Jesus Christ’s righteousness.
Even though we’re tempted by sin, in Christ we have victory in Him.
As Believers we use our liberty, to point the entire world to Calvary,
Where New Life for all the lost, begins for all at The Savior’s Cross.
As God judged sin and shame, on the cross bearing Christ’s name,
Where we left the bondage of sin, and freedom we received in Him.
This liberty we receive in this life, is used for honoring Jesus Christ,
Not for pursuing our own desires, but His will which is much higher.
We’ve been freed from religion friend, to point souls to a better end,
With God’s Truth that sets men free, with God’s Promise of Eternity.
My friend, The God of all Eternity, desires to give all men this liberty,
A liberty found only in His Son, who upon the cross said “It is done”,
Finished is the work of God’s salvation, by His Son, for every nation.
So all men can receive this liberty, with God’s assurance of Eternity.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Liberty In Christ by Bob Gotti )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(8 October 1838 – 1 July 1905)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Cullen Bryant
(November 3, 1794 – June 12, 1878)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- The may, Albert Basumatary
- where gloves meet skin, Mandolyn ...
- THE LAW, glen pugh
- A Butterfly Now, Kyle Schlicher
- To My Friend, A Sonnet, Luis Estable
- My Assignment.(limerick), BADMUS JUBRIL
- I Wait For You, Kyle Schlicher
- Busy man, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Where Love Falls, Kyle Schlicher
- You Are Like The Moon, Kyle Schlicher