Lies We Believe
A world of illusions, a world of fear. Forgetting the treasures which our hearts hold dear. Fighting for freedom when its all ready our own. Turning a blind eye to what we've been shown. We are all connected, this life is not real. Up on our pedastals when we should kneel. Helping one another, not causing harm. Not giving into temptations or devilish charm. Maybe I'm crazy but I think not. My eyes are open I see what we've got. Look around you don't you see? This is not how its supposed to be. Open your minds, open your hearts. Free your mind, stop playing parts. Release the negative, go with the flow. Remember the past then let it go. Its up to you who you will be. Be true to yourself and you shall be free. :)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lies We Believe by Emily Allard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Poet And Poem, Ruma Chaudhuri
- My Dream, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Under the Tamaring Tree (St. Patrick's A.., Leonard Dabydeen
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Tantrayana philosophy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.