I am just One,
You may twist it,
Stretch it, hit it, go wild with it.
Chunk it away
Use it for your ultimate display.
Still, I will be One,
Not more, definitely not less.
This is not just today,
But until the end of your final play.
All may try to steal yours,
Yet, none can buy one for their new course.
I am the One,
Which equals all.
So rise each One before your last,
Open your heart & spread out your arms.
Inhale your dreams,
Exhale all enemies.
Open your eyes,
For smiles & cries.
Look ahead for candles still unlit,
Run faster, for dreams still not lived.
Work harder for wishes unborn,
Be stronger for the weak unknown.
Remember the shoulders you sat upon,
Remember the laughter that carried you on.
Think of all the love you have ever had,
And all the love that is still to drive your heart mad.
Recall memories you left behind,
Embrace memories still to be found.
I am just One,
And you have it.
Don’t let it go without fire.
Tame it with all your passionate desire.
Unleash me, upon this world!
Let your fire, find those in cold.
Let all life know,
You had your One.
Let all envy,
For, I was yours & You were mine.
David Pyrs's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life by David Pyrs )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Reflections, Nero CaroZiv
- The shadow in my garden, Piyush Dey
- Something and something, gajanan mishra
- OUR PAINS AND OUR SUFFERINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Colors Of The Rainbow, Anthony Daniels
- Hiccup, binod bastola
- Life and death..how we come and how we g.., krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- You need me, gajanan mishra
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- poetic shenanigans, lee fones