I am just One,
You may twist it,
Stretch it, hit it, go wild with it.
Chunk it away
Use it for your ultimate display.
Still, I will be One,
Not more, definitely not less.
This is not just today,
But until the end of your final play.
All may try to steal yours,
Yet, none can buy one for their new course.
I am the One,
Which equals all.
So rise each One before your last,
Open your heart & spread out your arms.
Inhale your dreams,
Exhale all enemies.
Open your eyes,
For smiles & cries.
Look ahead for candles still unlit,
Run faster, for dreams still not lived.
Work harder for wishes unborn,
Be stronger for the weak unknown.
Remember the shoulders you sat upon,
Remember the laughter that carried you on.
Think of all the love you have ever had,
And all the love that is still to drive your heart mad.
Recall memories you left behind,
Embrace memories still to be found.
I am just One,
And you have it.
Don’t let it go without fire.
Tame it with all your passionate desire.
Unleash me, upon this world!
Let your fire, find those in cold.
Let all life know,
You had your One.
Let all envy,
For, I was yours & You were mine.
David Pyrs's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life by David Pyrs )
- Oldest Daughters, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Behind my curtain, Barbara Dixion
- Facebook / Anonymous, Kewayne Wadley
- Senryu Searching, Heather Burns
- Lost, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- Face Down Novel, Lonnie Hicks
- buckle up, bartender, Mandolyn ...
- For you, dee villa
- Simply Spoken My Ship, Heather Burns
- Love, dee villa
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)