Life After Death
Does everything stop,
With last look and last breath?
Or sky is waiting for us,
And there is life after death.
When our heart stops beating,
I hope this is not the end.
Maybe there is a long shiny stairs,
Which leads us to some mysterious land.
Maybe that land has its great ruler.
Can it be Devil or God?
Maybe that place is a beautifull,
Or wasteland covered in mud.
If someone was an evil person,
And he couldn't stand a sound of the church bell.
Will he have a good afterlife,
Or devil will open the gates of hell.
Is hell an awful, scary place,
Fire and danger at every spot?
Or it is land full of temptation,
But one mistake can cost a lot.
Is there a peaceful heaven,
For people who were honest and nice?
Will God embrace its believers,
And show them a path to paradise?
Heaven should be a happy place,
Amazing land, where everything is straight.
Everyone ˝ lives˝ full life,
There is not jealousy and hate.
No one knows what happens after death,
We can only wonder and guess.
Is death same as game over,
Or our spirit is endless?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life After Death by Nemanja Pavlovic )
- On Chloris being ill, Robert Burns
- Birthday Ode for 31st December, 1787, Robert Burns
- Silhouette, Bradley Flowers
- Lines Written under the Picture of Miss .., Robert Burns
- Venetian Candy, John Updike
- Sylvander to Clarinda, Robert Burns
- The Lady, PAUL COLVIN
- From ' The Holy Roode', Sir John Davies
- Tao in the Yankee Stadium Bleachers, John Updike
- Epigram on Dr. Babington's looks, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1924 - 2000)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)