Life After Death
Does everything stop,
With last look and last breath?
Or sky is waiting for us,
And there is life after death.
When our heart stops beating,
I hope this is not the end.
Maybe there is a long shiny stairs,
Which leads us to some mysterious land.
Maybe that land has its great ruler.
Can it be Devil or God?
Maybe that place is a beautifull,
Or wasteland covered in mud.
If someone was an evil person,
And he couldn't stand a sound of the church bell.
Will he have a good afterlife,
Or devil will open the gates of hell.
Is hell an awful, scary place,
Fire and danger at every spot?
Or it is land full of temptation,
But one mistake can cost a lot.
Is there a peaceful heaven,
For people who were honest and nice?
Will God embrace its believers,
And show them a path to paradise?
Heaven should be a happy place,
Amazing land, where everything is straight.
Everyone ˝ lives˝ full life,
There is not jealousy and hate.
No one knows what happens after death,
We can only wonder and guess.
Is death same as game over,
Or our spirit is endless?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life After Death by Nemanja Pavlovic )
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
- Am I different?, gajanan mishra
- Drops on Earth, binod bastola
- On Her Bed She Lay, White Lily
- Agree for help, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)