Alon Calinao Dy
Life and Death
A rough road
With no certain
That's full of challenges.
A precious gift from God
That no one knows
When and where to end.
Where one has to choose
Whether to do good or evil
According to his own free will.
That can lead failure to success
Or success to failure.
Therefore, no one really knows.
Is the cessation of breath.
It's a painful departure
And hard for anyone to endure.
Death is an inevitable happening.
Everyone has its own time frame.
It's a mysterious and unpredictable game,
But one should be ready for anything.
Though everyone has a life span on earth,
Save thy soul and never fear death.
In Jesus Christ's name,
Let no death put you to shame.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life and Death by Alon Calinao Dy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Confession, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Rain and Water II, Ismim Putera
- Drained Of Everything, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dawn, Winston Edgar Hall
- The Heart's Journey, Connie Marcum Wong
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -35, Ronjoy Brahma
- Not To Take What They Do That Deep, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Monoku, Connie Marcum Wong
- A Poem On Behalf Of Self, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- With prayers, hasmukh amathalal