Joseph T. Renaldi
Life Is Like A Butterfly
I saw a beautiful butterfly in flight
And how it enlightened my life.
For one bright, fleeting instant,
I forgot about my problems and strife.
It hovered over the succulent vegetation
Until its wings began to spread,
And then it glided toward the bed of flowers
Of orange, pink, and red.
I thought how fragile this butterfly -
The same is true of life
which comes and goes so quickly
When we become entangled in wordly strife.
Take time to enjoy the offerings of nature,
Make the best of each emerging day,
For life lingers like the delicate butterfly,
It sort of silently flutters away.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life Is Like A Butterfly by Joseph T. Renaldi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam