PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
Life needs a good name!
Life sobs like a sissy child;
more than often nags for a success-pizza!
Sometimes like a weepy babe
falls sick and feels queasy
when it finds the delivery is not timely made!
This pizza has athletic feet;
runs good but only a few hands meet!
Life in lonely hours screams to the hollow air;
scours the earth just for a sound name!
Who are not after making a good name?
As the name with the bright glory tag
stays behind here to be cared and remembered!
A crown may be proud of so many kings;
but each of the kings is proud of only the same crown!
PARTHA SARATHI PAUL's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life needs a good name! by PARTHA SARATHI PAUL )
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 February 1970-)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Charm invests a face, Emily Dickinson
- In The Forest, Sarojini Naidu
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- A hope that is not available, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- INSTRUCTIONS TO LIFE, Michael P. Johnson
- An English Girl, So Beautiful And Lovely!, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Peace, hafiz qasim
- While Strolling Down the Beach Today, Kenn Nesbitt
- I Am A Don, I Am A Don. Yes, Boss, You A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- In a Nutshell, hafiz qasim
- Rapture, Robert Dana
- Love's Just Like That, Kevin John Racaza
- Moments, Kevin John Racaza