Listen Men - 'NO' means 'NO'
“NO “means “NO”- is what she said
As he tried to pull her to the bed.
He thought that he had the right
After taking her to dinner that night.
Why is it that when a man spends money
He thinks that he’s entitled to a little honey.
Would you accept it if it was your sister or mother
That this was happening to!
Or someone was trying to do this to you if you was in jail
And all you’re screaming and fighting
Happened to fail.
And if you were taken by force- and you had no other recourse.
Your dignity, your pride, your self esteem
All taken away like in a dream.
You have been violated mind and soul
With no one to turn to, not leaving you whole.
When the word “NO” is used and it’s done anyway
Then there’s a price that you must pay.
One is a victim, the other a raper
As it will come out in the court papers.
Is that short pleasure worth the time?
20 or more years behind the line.
So heed that word “NO” and heed it well
Living behind bars is really hell.
© L. RAMS
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Listen Men - 'NO' means 'NO' by louis rams )
- Closed, Annalee Hopkins Somerville
- Iridescent, Adriana Avila
- Arcadian, Kumarmani Mahakul
- A Hidden Angry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- irritating rash, lee fones
- Feeling Love, Sandra Feldman
- so in other words, i feel for two, Mandolyn ...
- Text time, george albot
- Deep Friendship, Sandra Feldman
- The Mighty Tumbler, Samya Bose
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)