Listen Men - 'NO' means 'NO'
“NO “means “NO”- is what she said
As he tried to pull her to the bed.
He thought that he had the right
After taking her to dinner that night.
Why is it that when a man spends money
He thinks that he’s entitled to a little honey.
Would you accept it if it was your sister or mother
That this was happening to!
Or someone was trying to do this to you if you was in jail
And all you’re screaming and fighting
Happened to fail.
And if you were taken by force- and you had no other recourse.
Your dignity, your pride, your self esteem
All taken away like in a dream.
You have been violated mind and soul
With no one to turn to, not leaving you whole.
When the word “NO” is used and it’s done anyway
Then there’s a price that you must pay.
One is a victim, the other a raper
As it will come out in the court papers.
Is that short pleasure worth the time?
20 or more years behind the line.
So heed that word “NO” and heed it well
Living behind bars is really hell.
© L. RAMS
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Listen Men - 'NO' means 'NO' by louis rams )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Let us do good, Luo Zhihai
- Ask the tree, Luo Zhihai
- The Story Of Grandpa, Taiko
- Love Note 15, Michael P. McParland
- Poetry Heaven, Kim Barney
- Thank You My Love, Margaret Alice Second
- My Dream, Michael P. McParland
- joshua trees hopping in the trunk of the.., Mandolyn ...
- my lovely lovely wife, Rasheed Alqahas
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White