*******************A Womans Insight*************1978
i felt a slight twinge in my heart
that deep down burning feeling tearing me apart.
i thought that it would go away
but now i know it's here to stay.
that feeling of when i look at my childs
picture at night.
and i go to her room to make
sure she's allright.
to see that smile upon her face
and i know she's dreaming of satin and lace.
i go back to bed, and all i could see
my little girls eyes burning thru me.
telling me of things that she will need
when she reaches puberty.
then she will reach that stage in life
when she herself will become a wife.
this is the part of life that a parent must bear
this is the part that they have to share.
to give their little girl to another
and wait for her to become a mother.
to see her go through the same stages in life
to have to go thru those struggles and strife.
now when she looks into her little childs eyes
she'll get that same feeling by and by.
and she'll know it was passed down the line.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*******************A Womans Insight*************1978 by louis rams )
- Love: Don't Bargain, Aftab Alam
- War is lust and Peace is Love,, Aftab Alam
- CV, Mae AC.
- Endless game, hasmukh amathalal
- Seasonings of Sense, Mae AC.
- War And Not To Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ISRO's MOM in Mars - Congrats to Indian .., Dr John Celes
- Free on the Breeze, Thomas Plotz
- Gather strength, hasmukh amathalal
- INDIA! INDIA!, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)