Little butterfly, inside your warm cocoon
Dreaming of a world that is made for you
How foolish you are, you silly butterfly
You think the world's divided in two.
The world you see is all but gray
Dull by the given choices
Not one thing new, no forward movement
No new sound of revolution voices.
This world you see falls to destruction
Full of hate, and dread, and spite
The people engulf the fires of sin
And destroy with all their might.
They kill the dreams of the young
And those who dream of life
They want no difference in the world
For fear it will cause some strife.
Yet the world you dream is all in hues
Of yellow, and purple, and blue
New visions reborn, new movements ahead
A new life that is so true.
This world you dream will live on forever
And progress to the future ahead
Where peace and love join hands of all
Where nothing will cause one's dread.
So come out little butterfly,
Open your colored wings and fly
Leave your cocoon and the world you see
And come to the world you dream in the sky.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Little Butterfly by Genevieve Pilat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Right or wrong!, Mark Heathcote
- Graveyard, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Symphony of Discords By K.V.Suryanarayan.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Roads, Somanathan Iyer
- It's Not Just Rain, Daniel Skentelbery
- The Day After I Shouted Abuse at the Queen, Daniel Skentelbery
- Name-Calling, Diane Hine
- A pan fried fish…?, Mark Heathcote
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman
- wedding day, ademola oluwabusayo