Little girl, little girl down near the river
Why did you run away?
You looked so happy, full, content,
So why didn't you want to play?
Little girl, little girl, down at the river
Why won't you answer me?
I call and I call, but you can't hear,
What is it that you see?
Little girl, little girl, down in the river
Why did you have to die?
I'm sorry no one cared for you,
Not even enough to cry.
Alyce Crow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Little girl by Alyce Crow )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I am yours forever, gajanan mishra
- सिनायमोनि आंनि सिमांनि रजे, Bahadur Basumatary
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...