As it was nicknamed
By Byron himself
Who was not ashamed
To speak his very mind
About this place so true,
And tell us what he thought
About this valley too
Giddy Edge is there,
As is High Tor too.
The Heights of Abraham as well;
The Derwent River blue.
I invite you to go there,
And enjoy yourself a lot.
You'll wish you could take the scenery
Home in a handy box.
I've been to Padley Gorge,
And Capilano too.
But none of that compares
With that place so true.
I'm not ashamed to say it:
I love that place a lot;
I want to go and live there
In the area around Matlock.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Little Switzerland by Andrew Hamm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The shadow in my garden, Piyush Dey
- Something and something, gajanan mishra
- OUR PAINS AND OUR SUFFERINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Colors Of The Rainbow, Anthony Daniels
- Hiccup, binod bastola
- Life and death..how we come and how we g.., krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- You need me, gajanan mishra
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- poetic shenanigans, lee fones
- Homecoming, prasenjit banerjee