Live For Today
Lock the doors that once led to yesterday-
Shut the screen and
Pull the curtains, as
Yesterday has been gone for always.
Open the windows to glance at tomorrow-
So you can foresee
What could be-?
But keep the door closed as
Tomorrow has not yet arrived-
Clouds could disappear and
The sun could reappear on the horizon-
What is to be, we can never be certain.
Open the doors and windows to today-
The world is waiting for us to emerge-
The sun has risen and
Today is a God-given gift given that now belongs to us.
Wipe your tears away
Wept for yesterdays sorrows and
Never fear for what tomorrow could bring-
Yes the sky could darken and rain could pour, but
Angels could paint the sky blue as
A rainbow could form over mountains of hopefulness-
Yesterday has been carried away in a gust of wind, while
What tomorrow shall give us we cannot be sure?
Yesterday and tomorrow belong to God-
We can feel and we can hear-
It is a gift we can hold in our hands,
A reward we can clearly see.
Claudia Krizay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Live For Today by Claudia Krizay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The God of Fallen Leaves, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lonely Gallinule, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Appeasement, Stephanie Sharma
- Golden Boyhood, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Mysterious Beauty, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Complex Mind, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Twin stars, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Triangle Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- In this city, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Silent Assassin, Zillur Rahman Shuvro