Claudia Krizay Poems
- I Found You- (For My Best Frie... Alone in this world, Not ...
- A True Mom From childhood memories of band aids and skinned ...
- Imprisoned Falling: Imprisoned, while Hiding- Eyes, fixed...
- A Gallant Lady Upon every pathway I walk, I see your shadow, ...
- Magic Fear, anger, mistrust and nearly Half a century ...
- Spring's Rebirth This is the time of year being that ...
- When I Lost Myself There are those who are forever searching ...
I am a fifty seven year old woman living with schizophrenia. I had high aspirations as a child and adolescent but my illness prevented me from seeking higher education.Through my artwork and poetry- although quite a novice poet. I cope with major mental illness through my writing, artwork, jewelry making and nature photography. I have published three books of poetry which I have illustrated with my artwork and photography.As my father was in the foreign service I lived abroad for a large part of my childhood. now I reside in my own condominium located in Silver Spring, Maryland, am unemployed though working on a fourth book which hopefully will be published at the end of this year. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I Found You- (For My Best Friend)
Alone in this world,
Not meant for me to live in, I never knew
Why the sun rose and set, why it rained so hard-
My tears, my tears-That fell upon the edge of time-
The three quarter moon last night
I could almost reach with arms outstretched-
So it seemed, so I wondered where in this universe
Is there a place for me? Every morning, every night
Walking the same path hoping to find,
At the end of my journey-
Although only the same valley,
The same trees and the same creek- and
Then I found you.
You, with the sparkling eyes of green,
You with the ...