I need to live my life much higher, much higher than my former life.
To walk with Jesus is my desire, to walk each day like Jesus Christ.
And when I walk through the fire, to remember He was my sacrifice.
As at the time it was His desire, to pay for all men the ultimate price.
However, I must remember friend, the former life from where I came.
Back where God did condescend; saving me from my sin and shame.
With a Love, one can’t comprehend, and now my life is not the same.
And it’s His love that I recommend, and with my life, Christ I proclaim.
I need to be a witness every day, for Jesus Christ, who died for me,
And I need to walk that narrow way, so it is only Jesus men will see.
This as I choose the words I say, so men they may think on eternity.
As soon He’ll come without delay, returning in Power and Authority.
I’m saved by Grace from the night, with a message of light to herald.
Friend, now I am called to be a light, within a dark and gloomy world.
To boldly speak a Truth that’s right, even as men’s insults are hurled.
For soon all will see God’s might, when Christ’s Kingdom is unfurled.
My friend, the only thing sure in life, is that one day this life will end.
What is more than sound advice, is where in eternity will you spend?
If you desire to have Eternal Life, you need to know Christ my friend.
But if you choose to reject Christ, you alone shall stand condemned.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Living Higher by Bob Gotti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Deepavu Ninnade.. Gaaliyu Ninnade.., K. S. Narasimhaswamy
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Romantic Heroine, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Theatre of The Absurd (III), Bijay Kant Dubey
- On My Songs, Luo Zhihai
- There Is A Time When One Forces Oneself .., Shalom Freedman
- Lament to the Full Moon, Geoffrey Fafard
- Roach Talk, Ima Ryma
- Haiku A Butterfly By Sophy Chen, Sophy Chen
- MERCY OUR COVALENCY REMAINS WITH BUOYANCY, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Haiku A Wizened Rose By Sophy Chen, Sophy Chen
- A Cleaner World, Luis Estable