Living In Expectation
Living faithfully and expectantly, must be life for you and me,
In Christ alone we have reason, this regardless of the season,
To long for the return of Christ, no matter where we are in life,
While we live, all that we learn, with our hope in Christ's return.
With Judgment coming friend, we must be ready for The End,
Coming as a thief in the night, we all must live in Christ's light,
We know not the coming hour, when Christ will come in power,
To the world of wickedness, who know not His Righteousness.
Peace and safety, men will cry, all who know not God on high,
Men, caught in Satan's seduction, will see sudden destruction,
Surprised will be every nation, that scoffs of God's Revelation,
They'll experience the wrath of, Judgment from our Lord above.
We in Christ, are not ignorant, of God's coming end time event,
For we are not sons of the night, but we're the sons of the light,
Sober and watchful we're to be, while living for Him expectantly,
Controlled by the Spirit of Christ, we're to live for Him all our life.
Unlike men, who live in darkness, we must live in Righteousness,
Saved by Christ's loving Grace, we need to live in love and faith,
With the hope in our Salvation, we're God's Light to every nation,
As we faithfully live this life, expecting soon, the return of Christ.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Living In Expectation by Bob Gotti )
- Over Time, Fatima Nusairat
- Truth is that, gajanan mishra
- FUCHSIA, Aminath Neena
- love is an 8 ball- it is decidedly so, Mandolyn ...
- Rising of a New Day Through Shine, Rohit Sapra
- Sad Cloud, ramesh rai
- I am carnival, Havilah
- Creative Musical Juces, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Finally Found Our Home, Michael McParland
- Distance doesn't matter, Antonio Liao
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(22 March 1941 -)