Living Out Thanksgiving
One's thanksgiving that's truly rife, comes from a Spirit filled life,
It is not about what we deserve, but, all about The God we serve;
It's not about things on this sod, but, a relationship with our God,
All good things come from above, from God, in unchanging love.
We can display real thanksgiving, through the choice of our living,
That choice between Spirit or flesh, knowing the two do not mesh,
For one causes unrighteousness, while one fuels our thankfulness,
So to live for God is our choice, so that in our God we can rejoice.
We can walk in The Wisdom of, The Lord God, Who reigns above,
While we walk in The Spirit of Christ, as The Savior guides our life,
Walking in the light of His Word, applying all the Truth we've heard,
As more to God, of life, we give, in true Thankfulness we can live.
Fear is the beginning of Wisdom, as we seek first God's Kingdom,
While in God's Spirit we abide, His Word then becomes our guide,
With His Word as our guiding light, in a world where wrong is right.
While yielding to God, not to sin, He fills us with songs and hymns.
When thanksgiving fills our heart, God's Love to others we impart,
When it's God we choose to serve, we get more than we deserve,
When thanking God along the way, true joy and peace fills the day,
When filled with joy and singing, our life displays real Thanksgiving.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Living Out Thanksgiving by Bob Gotti )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Guard well, gajanan mishra
- The Photographer, Ravikumar C.P.
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.
- Do, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Cinders of Life, Tim Labbe
- Aiy Mere Khuda Aiy Mere Khuda, Akhtar Jawad
- State of being, Ravikumar C.P.
- Flight, S.Michael Kozubek
- Undoubtedly something has gone wrong, Ravikumar C.P.