Ace Of Black Hearts
Locked Away In His Own Mind
The agony of this stress.
A monotonous task.
The barer of bad news.
Signed crosses, set clues.
Comatose with laced black shoes.
Dressed for the day of the dead.
Voices keep screaming its all in your head.
Images framed and faded.
Sadness deepens and escalates.
A melancholy in the pouring rain.
Mentally stable but in vain.
Suiting a fancy.
Suiting a desperation.
A mind made of glass.
And it shatters so sudden, so fast.
Nothing to say, words so silent and still longing.
A ghost still haunting this empty cabin.
A rocking chair that ever stirs.
How is one to soothe this anguished soul?
If it could even be possible.
Dreams of darker side.
Visions that bring us both together to the divide.
Joining hands in a mass suicide.
Loss and love that intertwines.
A belief in something deeper.
Dungeons without there keepers.
Roaming and wandering with no direction.
Conclusions with no perspective.
Sensitivity to that which leaves the imagination in question.
Orders abandoned with no purpose or objective.
A dissection to very pale complexion.
Colorless, emotionless, stunned and completely numb.
Sticking your head under the axe waiting for executioner to bring it down.
But it never comes.
So you look on with a blank and empty stare.
Your right to assume he isn't all there.
So far gone, in another universe, in another reality separated by pain and disgrace.
No comfort could console this broken spirit.
The senses leave his body absolute motionless.
A tube stuck down his throat for he does not desire nourishment.
Anything solid is regurgitated, yet in no way is he physically disabled.
He is zombie without basic instincts.
He torn between two separate worlds.
Not allowed to leave his mortal being.
A field bitter, barren, yet filled with foot of snow.
If only he had a way to become completely unglued.
Wishes, potions to subdue.
Legal documents white washed of his desires.
Coined phrases leaving him attached to wires.
A unwanted frozen life without any point in still living.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Locked Away In His Own Mind by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- My Mermaid Muse, Erato
- A Zulu Kingdom, Margaret Alice Second
- Forever Purpurating Lavender, Stephen Warren Williams
- No Reason To Rush, Kewayne Wadley
- For To Be An Indian English Poet, An Eng.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Bag of Old Photographs, Mikey Bachman
- Surrealistic Bagging, michael walkerjohn
- What at a Sunrise Ends, michael walkerjohn
- Les Collaborations de Vie, michael walkerjohn
- Only movement, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)